OSOU Admission 2023: Odisha State Open University will soon start the admission for UG, and PG courses for the new sessions. It is offering various UG, PG, Diploma & Certificate programs. The University offers courses in teacher education, computer science, engineering, business & management, paramedical, agriculture, and foreign languages. The university will upload the OSOU admission schedule for UG & PG courses for the new academic year 2023.
OSOU Trending Updates
- OSOU has released the notification regarding Practical and Project/Dissertation for TEE December 2022. Source
Odisha State Open University is in the state of Odisha, and it was founded in 2015 and is affiliated with the University Grants Commission. OSOU Admission 2023 will be based on merit scored by the students in the last qualification. Students can enrol in BA, M.Com, BBA, B.Com, MA, M.Sc, and other courses at OSOU.
All the courses the university offers are well-structured and popular. Wait for the OSOU admission process for the academic 2023 session to start; as usual, the admission process begins in the month of July. Students need to go to the university’s website to apply for admission.
It is one of the most well-known universities for open learning, and the admissions process is based on merit. There are no entrance exams for any program. The educational study at this university is excellent, and the number of students who go there each year keeps going up. Students who live in Odisha and other places can apply to this university.
OSOU Admission 2023 Highlights
|University Name||Odisha State Open University|
|Type of University||Open University|
|Offered UG Courses||Bachelor of Arts|
|Offered PG Courses||Master of Arts|
|Other Courses||Certificate, Diploma Courses|
|Address||G.M. University Campus Sambalpur-768004 Odisha, India|
OSOU Admission 2023
The admission procedure at OSOU is through merit and entrance examinations. Students require to completely go through the eligibility for the UG and the PG courses they are applying for. The 2023 OSOU admission procedure will begin in July 2023. The tentative last date to apply for OSOU Admission 2023 will be 31 July 2023.
It offers numerous UG, PG, Diploma, and Certificate level courses to interested students all over India. The university will soon announce the OSOU application form for the new session 2023. The eligibility for each program is different according to course and specialization.
Students are required to pass the 12th board examinations from any recognized board of education. For PG admission, it is mandatory to have a bachelor’s degree in relevant subjects. The admission will be based on merit as well as the entrance exam.
At this time OSOU offers a total 65 courses including PG Degree, UG Degree, Diploma, PG Diploma, Certificate, and PG Certificate courses in various specializations.
OSOU UG Admission
OSOU Admission for UG courses will soon start for session 2023. The portal of registration is at @www.osou.ac.in. UG Programs like BA, BCom, BJMC, BBA & more are available for the Odisha State Open University. The minimum duration of the ug programs is 3 years to 6 years. It offers the following UG courses, mainly in English medium and some in Odia and Sanskrit.
- BA (Hons.): BA Hons. is a UG level degree programme. Students are required to pass 10+2 or Equivalent in a relevant subject to be eligible for admission to this programme. The minimum duration to complete this course is 3 Years or a maximum of 6 Years.
- B.Com: Students with a 10+2 Pass in commerce stream or equivalent from any known board of education in India can apply for BCom at OSOU admission.
- BBA: Bachelor of Business Administration is a professional degree programme. Students who hold 12th-level education with relevant subjects can apply for admission to the BBA course at Odisha State Open University. The BBA degree can be completed in 3 years.
Odisha State Open University PG Admission
The total number of PG degree courses offered by the OSOU are fourteen in different specializations. Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree or equivalent can apply for the OSOU admission by visiting the official site @osou.ac.in.
- MA: Master of Arts is one of the most popular degree programmes offered by OSOU. Students after completing a bachelor’s degree in any stream can apply for admission to this programme. MA is a PG level degree that takes 2 years to complete.
- M.Com: Students who wish to make a carer in the field of commerce can opt for the Master’s degree in commerce offered by the OSOU. Candidates are required to have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant stream to apply.
- MSc (Cyber Security): Odisha State Open University provides a Master of Science in Cyber Security as one of the professional PG programs. The duration of the PG degree program is 2 years. The fee of the OSOU MSc CS course is Rs 10,400 per year.
Odisha State Open University Diploma Admission: Odisha State Open University also offers diploma level courses and students must have 10+2 or Equivalent in a relevant subject to apply for admission.
OSOU Certificate Admission: Short-term certificate courses are also available at Odisha State Open University. Students who have passed their 12th or bachelor’s degree can also apply for these short term certificate courses.
Odisha State Open University Admission Process 2023
Students who want to complete the OSOU application form can use this link: https://www.osou.ac.in/. The admission process is online, and the admission fee must also be paid online on the university website. The University does not allow cash payments or Demand drafts.
Applicants must read the application process and general instructions before filling out the admission form. To check the eligibility criteria, minimum duration, course fees, and maximum duration, visit the “Available Programme” section. Students who can fulfill the osou admission eligibility criteria can start the application process. Follow the steps listed below to complete the form.
How To Apply For OSOU Admission?
- Register on the admission portal by selecting the desired course, generating a unique password email ID, and entering the security text.
- After registration, log in using the credentials.
- Select the New Registration link.
- Use a valid email id and active phone number for further communications.
- If you can not complete the application form during one sitting, you log in using your password and email id and continue with the process.
- Download the registration slip through the Download Registration Slip link.
- Proceed with the application process and fill out the application form.
- To complete the OSOU admission form, follow the stages below:
- Share your personal information and details.
- Save to continue with the application process.
- Share your academic achievements.
- Provide all your academic achievements. Add rows if it is necessary.
- The admission committee requires applicants to attach photographs, qualification proof, signature, PWD certificates, category certificates, caste certificates, migration certificates and transfer certificates.
- The format, sizes, and dimensions are listed in the general instructions.
- The Odisha State Open University application fee can be paid through an online method only. Use the online payment gateway that follows after pressing submit.
- The application form preview is displayed. Review the details you have entered and modify or edit the mistakes made.
- Proceed to the next stage when the details and information on the form are accurate and correct.
Save and submit the application form.
- At this stage, you can not modify or edit the application form.
- Use the save and submit a link to submit the application process.
Take a printout
- Print a hard copy of the application form using the Print Application Form.
Required Certificates & Documents
- Scanned photography in jpg format (300 * 360 px and size must not exceed 200 KB).
- Scanned signature (200 * 40 px and the size must not exceed 200 KB).
- The applicant’s name is in Odia (jpg format, 200 * 40 px and the size must not exceed 200 KB).
- Certificates of Educational Qualification in jpg format or pdf format and the size must not exceed 300 KB.
- Category Certificate (OBC Non-creamy layer/SC/ST). The size must not exceed 300 KB, and the format must be either jpg or pdf.
- The PWD certificate must be in pdf or jpg format, and the size must not exceed 300 KB.
- Students must not send a printout hard copy of the application form.
OSOU Exam Form
Students who need to appear for the Odisha State Open University examination must fill out the form before the deadline. The exam fee for each course at OSOU is Rs 200. It is only possible to make payments online. It is not possible to adjust or refund an examination fee once it has been paid.
OSOU Date Sheet
Odisha State Open University has released the Term End Examination Schedule on its official website. All the students who have filled out the examination form can appear for the OSOU December TEE. Prior to some days, hall tickets will be available on the OSOU Student login portal.
Odisha State Open University Sambalpur’s examination branch has updated its semester exam results for various UG and PG programs. Students of OSOU enrolled in B.Lib.Sc, LLB, BBA, BCA, BPT, BA, BSc, B.Com, MA, MSc, and M.Com programs & also appeared in March/April exam 2023 can check their results online at the institute’s website. Students can use the link on this page to get the Odisha State Open University Results. Enter the ‘Enrollment Number’ and ‘Date of Birth information to check the result.
How To Download OSOU result?
Students of OSOU should follow the below-described steps in order to check the semester exam result.
- Go to the Odisha State Open University website http://www.osou.ac.in/.
- The homepage of OSOU will open. Find the results tab there and open it.
- The Result portal of OSOU will open on a new Page.
- Enter your details “Enrolment Number” and “Date of Birth”.
- After entering details hit the green colour button “Get Results”.
- The result for your respective semester of OSOU will appear.
OSOU Course Admissions
|Courses||Minimum Duration||Maximum Duration|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Economics||3 Years||6 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English||3 Years||6 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hindi||3 Years||6 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in History||3 Years||6 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Odia||3 Years||6 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Political Science||3 Years||6 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Sanskrit||3 Years||6 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Sociology||3 Years||6 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Journalism||3 Years||6 Years|
|Bachelor of Business Administration||3 Years||6 Years|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)||3 Years||6 Years|
|Certificate in Communication Skills||6 Months||2 Year|
|Certificate in Digital Library||6 Months||2 Year|
|Certificate in e-Commerce||6 Months||2 Year|
|Certificate in Functional Sanskrit||6 Months||2 Years|
|Certificate in Geriatric Care||6 Months||2 Years|
|Certificate in Journalism & Mass Communication||6 Months||2 Years|
|Certificate in Legal Awareness||6 Months||2 Years|
|Certificate in Research Methodology||6 Months||2 Years|
|Certificate in Rural Development||6 Months||2 Years|
|Certificate in Soft Skill and IT Skill||6 Months||2 Years|
|Certificate in Translation (English-Odia)||6 Months||2 Years|
|Diploma in Accounting||1 Year||4 Years|
|Diploma in Banking and Insurance||1 Year||4 Years|
|Diploma in Computer Applications||1 Year||4 Years|
|Diploma in Cyber Security||1 Year||4 Years|
|Diploma in Disaster Management||1 Year||4 Years|
|Diploma in Functional Hindi & Translation||1 Year||4 Years|
|Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication||1 Year||4 Years|
|Diploma in Odia Language and Communication||1 Year||4 Years|
|Diploma in Rural Development||1 Year||4 Years|
|Diploma in Tribal Studies||1 Year||4 Years|
|Master of Arts (Economics)||2 Years||4 Years|
|Master of Arts (English)||2 Years||4 Years|
|Master of Arts (Hindi)||2 Years||4 Years|
|Master of Arts (History)||2 Years||4 Years|
|Master of Arts (Journalism)||2 Years||4 Years|
|Master of Arts (Odia)||2 Years||4 Years|
|Master of Arts (Political Science)||2 Years||4 Years|
|Master of Arts (Public Administration)||2 Years||4 Years|
|Master of Arts (Public Policy)||2 Years||4 Years|
|Master of Arts (Sanskrit)||2 Years||4 Years|
|Master of Arts (Sociology)||2 Years||4 Years|
|Master of Arts in Rural Development||2 Years||4 Years|
|Master of Commerce||2 Years||4 Years|
|Master of Science (Cyber Security)||2 Years||4 Years|
Under the Prerana Scholarship Scheme, the Odisha Open State University offers scholarships to meritorious and commendable SC/ST and OBC students. Applicants must follow the college’s rules in order to be eligible for a scholarship. Thousands of students have received benefits from this program so far.
Contact Details of Odisha State Open University:
- Address: G.M. University Campus, Budharaja, Sambalpur, Odisha-768004, India
- Contact No.: 0663-2521600, 0663-2521600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- OSOU Official Website: www.osou.ac.in
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for OSOU Admission are tentative. Please visit the University’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.