BSc Animation Admission 2024: In India, state, private, and other universities offer BSc Multimedia & Animation as a three-year undergraduate program. 10+2 with at least 45-50% marks is required for this course. The average fee for the course is around INR 32,500 and INR 71,000. This program teaches students more about animation, graphics, and multimedia. They can do this using sound effects, visual effects, software technologies, and much more.
BSc Animation Admission Latest Update (Feb 2024)
- Application for BSc Animation Courses has started at IMTS Institute and the last to apply is 29 February 2024. Apply Now
- For the academic session 2024-25, Vellore Institute of Technology is taking applications for the BSc Animation and 28 February 2024 is the last date to apply. Source
- Admission to the BSc Animation at Manipal University is now Started and 28 February 2024 is the last date to apply. Source
- BRAINWARE University is now offering admission for the BSc Animation till 27 February 2024. Source
BSc Animation Admission 2024 Highlights
|Bachelor of Science Animation
|About the Course
|BSc Animation focuses on drawing, designing, and preparing photographic sequences integrated with gaming and multimedia. It’s a 3-year, six-semester course that provides an opportunity to understand animation and filmmaking.
|10+2 passed or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks, preferably from the Science stream. Admission is based on the 10+2 exam score or merit.
|NID Entrance Exam, SEED, NIFT
|Entrance and Merit-based
|INR 32,500 to INR 71,000 Per Year
|UGC and AICTE
|Flash Animator, Art Director, 3D Animator, Concept Designer, Film and Video Editor, VFX Supervisor, etc.
|Basic traditional animation, high-end 3D animation, filmmaking, and relevant areas.
|IMTS Institute, NILM University, Singhania University
|Pentamedia Graphics, Crest Animation Studio Ltd, Maya Entertainment Ltd, Toonz Animation India, Reliance Mediaworks Ltd, etc.
Why should I opt for BSc Animation?
Individuals having creative minds and who are keen on learning animation can apply for this course, it acts as a tool for opening the door to imagination. They can create animations using the latest technology like 2D hand sketching, 2D and 3D computer-generated, stop motion, or model animation.
There are several job opportunities available for graduates of BSc in Animation like working in production organizations, 3D modelers, advertising agencies, and game development companies. Their salary varies from INR 3 to INR 4.50 With the advancement in technology and the world becoming more and more digitalized the demand for animators is growing rapidly.
Top BSc Specializations
BSc Animation Admission 2024
BSc Multimedia and Animation program admission has been started in private, state, and other institutions and universities in India. The expected candidates can start the form filling and later submission processes online/offline. There are no universities that offer admission to BSc Animation degrees such as Chandigarh University, Amity University, etc.
The BSc Multimedia and Animation admission process includes a merit list prospect. This BSc course admissions are based on merit scores and entrance test scores.
Eligibility Criteria for BSc Animation Admission
Applicants can apply to the BSc Animation program at universities such as DY Patil University, Manav Rachna University, IIFA Mumbai, and more. Aspirants can be admitted to the BSc regular degree program after claiming the eligibility mentioned.
- To be eligible for BSc Animation course admission 10+2 of the central or state board is mandatory with at least 50 percent score.
- 10+2 must be passed from the stream or equivalent.
- Selection may done based on merit or entrance according to university criteria.
- Some of the institutes follow minimum age criteria to provide a BSc Animation program.
Application Fee for BSc Animation Admission
When submitting the filled-in application form, the enrollment or application fee should be paid. The BSc Animation & VFX program fee can be discovered between INR 300 and INR 1300. Someone who has filled out the application form can pay the application fee in the following manners: cards, demand drafts, UPI, internet banking, etc.
BSc Animation Entrance Exam 2024
Students who are interested in pursuing a BSc Animation course in India may need to take an entrance exam, which depends on the university to which students wish to apply. Registration for the entrance exam may done online through an online portal. In the below section, some of the top entrance exams are mentioned,
- CUET: Common University Entrance Test
- UCEED: Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design
- SAT: Symbiosis Entrance Test
- NID DAT: National Institute of Design-Design Aptitude Test
Top Colleges for BSc Animation Admission 2024
Many colleges offer a three-year bachelor’s degree program in animation every year. Along with many private colleges, many government colleges and universities offer this program from all over India. The names of top government universities that offer a BS in animation are listed below. Candidates seeking admission to government colleges should go to their official website.
- Mumbai University, Mumbai Maharashtra
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- YMCA Faridabad, Faridabad
- Pearl Academy West Campus, New Delhi
- Apeejay Stya University, Gurgaon
- Bangalore University
- Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University
- Gujarat University
- IIT Bombay
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
- National Institute of Fashion Technology
- University of Madras
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
Scope of BSc Animation Admission
The BSc Multimedia & Animation program is ideal for students who want a career in digital application, visual effects, animation technologies, webpage design, etc.
The UG degree holder in the BSc Multimedia and Animation program can work with a handsome salary package in TV channels, advertising, the tourism industry, and IT firms/Organisations.
BSc Animation Admission: Salary & Job Profiles
- The job opportunities for eligible graduates in the multimedia and animation industry are graphic designers, freelancers, textual artists, content writers, animation supervisors, and more. Experience professionals in the Multimedia and Animation Industry can earn up to INR 8-12 LPA.
BSc Animation Admission Syllabus
|English – I
|Basics Of Sketching & Drawing
|Digital Story Telling
|Understand Various Elements Of Multimedia
|Digital Video Production
|Introduction To Visual Communication
|Foundation Of 2d Animation
|Project (Presentation & Evaluation)
|3d Character Design And Sculpting
|F Experimental Animation
|Basics Of Html
|Introduction To 3d Modelling
|Rigging And Animation
|Foley & Sound Effects For Film & Animation
|Production Design (Planning & Design)
|Analyzing Products And Designs
|Introduction To Multimedia
|Theory Of Visual Studies
|Animation Project – 3d Quadruped
|Lighting And Rendering
Note: The syllabus of BSc Animation admission may vary from university to university.
Some Other Courses
Question: Is the entrance exam compulsory for the BSc Animation course?
Answer: Yes, Students can be based on CUET entrance exam scores or any equivalent. some the university conduct their entrance exam to provide seats.
Question: What are the fees for a bachelor’s degree in animation?
Answer: 32,500 INR is the average fee and that may vary according to university.
Question: What is the salary students can get after BSc Animation?
Answer: There are various jobs in different fields like Graphic Designer, Animation, Multimedia, and many others. The salary amount may depend on the job profile. However, the average salary is INR 8-12 LPA approx.