Forest Research Institute Admission 2022: The Forest Research Institute was established in 1878. It has received its Deemed status, and the university campus is located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. The university is UGC recognized. Forest Research Institute was one of the universities that started forest studies and research. In 1988 joined the autonomous organization called ICFRE (Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Govt of India).
Forest Research Institute provides reservations for ST/SC/PWD and OBC-NCL. To be eligible for further admission sessions, applicants must have a minimum of 50% overall aggregate, but for ST/ SC/ PWD/ OBC-NCL, a 5% relaxation is allowed.
Students who have GATE, UGC NET and CSIR NET will be excluded from the institute level qualifying examination. Please note that they are not excluded from the interview round; they still need to clear the interview questions to be admitted.
Forest Research Institute Keypoints:
- Forest Research Institute is located in a green area of over 450 hectares of land.
- From the university campus, you can see the backdrop of the outer Himalayas.
- The major building on the campus is a national heritage site. It was inaugurated in 1929.
- The university buildings in Cregg Greco style showed Roman Architecture.
- The campus houses laboratories, plantations, libraries, experimental areas and printing presses.
- There is also a museum which is a great tourist attraction.
FRI Dehradun Trending Updates:
- Applications will soon be accepted for the session 2022-23. Students can apply through the university’s official website. Visit here
- FRI Dehradun has announced that offline classes will begin from 1st April 2022. Click here
- Forest Research Institute has released an important notice regarding PhD 2021 compulsory course exam date. Click here to know more.
Forest Research Institute Admission Highlights
|University Name||Forest Research Institute|
|Type of University||Deemed University|
|University Contact Number||0135-2224439, 0135-2751826|
|Other Courses||Research Division, Ecology, Climate Change, Botany, Cellulose and Paper Chemistry, Climate Change and Forest Influence, Forest Ecology and Environment, Forest Entomology, Forest Informatics, Extension, Forest Soil, and Land Reclamation, Forest Products Division, Genetics, and Tree Propagation|
|Location||P.O. New Forest, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248006|
FRI Dehradun Admission 2022
Forest Research Institute Dehradun offers various master and PhD level programmes in various disciplines like Forestry, Wood Science & Technology, Silviculture, Botany and many more. The students who have passed their bachelor’s degree from some known institutions or universities in relevant subjects can apply for admission at FRI Dehradun.
The candidate must score a minimum of 60% marks to get a seat. Besides students also need to qualify for an entrance exam followed by counselling.
Forest Research Institute UG Admission
FRI Dehradun offers 24 specializations at the doctoral level. A wide range of topics is covered, including soil science, wildlife conservation, Silviculture, forest botany, wood science, hydrology, etc.
The FRI, Deemed University entrance exam will be administered for admission to these programmes. The written test is not required for those who have taken the following exams: UGC/ GATE/ NET/ CSIR. In addition to all of these, candidates must have earned a Master’s degree in a related discipline with at least 55%.
FRI Dehradun PG Admission
MSc: Master of Science degree is a PG level programme offered in various specializations (Botany, Microbiology, Environment, Zoology, Wood Science and Environment, Forestry, etc.) Candidates with bachelor’s degrees in relevant fields can apply for admission to this course. Admission to MSc courses is based on evaluating how applicants perform in qualifying examinations and counselling sessions at the institute level. The admission forms will be posted online in the admission section.
FRI Dehradun Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Application Form start||
1st week of July 2022
|Application last date||
2nd Week of Aug 2022
|Entrance Test Registration||
1st Week of July 2022
3rd Week of July 2022
End Of Aug 2022
1st Week of Sep 2022
Last Week of Sep 2022
Forest Research Institute Application Form 2022
University takes admission based on entrance test. After the entrance, the university declares the merit list on its website. Students also need to fill out the application form and pay the application fee. The registrar, Forest Research Institute, Dehra Dun, is given the application form. The cost of the application fee and Information Bulletin is Rs. 1200/-. Students can pay the fee through a bank draft favoring the Registrar, Forest Research Institute University.
How to Apply for Forest Research Institute Admission
- The application form will be available from the Registrar, Forest Research Institute, Dehra Dun.
- University Charge Rs.1200/- for application form and Information Bulletin.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through bank draft in favour of the Registrar, Forest Research Institute University.
- Candidates need to fill out the application in their own handwriting.
- Attach the documents like mark sheet, certificate, photo, Signature.
- Check the details carefully before submitting the form and after that submit the form to the University.
- Xth Class Marksheet/Certificates
- XIIth ClassMarksheet/Certificates
- Score Card
- Certificates of Transfer
- Passport size Photograph
- Address Proof
FRI Dehradun Course Admissions
|Program||Duration (Years)||No. of seats Indian|
|M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology||2||38|
|M.Sc. Environment Management||2||38|
|M.Sc. Cellulose and Paper Technology||2||20|
FRI Dehradun Fee Structure 2022
|Structure||Fees (in Rs.)|
|Misc. Fee/Sports / Cultural Fee (at the time of admission)||2200.00|
|Library Fee/ Teaching aid (per sem.)||1200.00|
|Semester Exam Fee for M.Sc. courses||520.00|
|Caution Money (Refundable)||3200.00|
|The fee to be charged at the beginning of each semester||25000|
|Hostel charges (optional) (per semester)
|Electricity, Water & Other General maintenance Fees (per month to be charged from the boarders only)||1400.00
|Tuition Fee (per sem.)||23,000.00|
Forest Research Institute University Facilities
- Computer lab/Internet
- Extracurricular activities
FRI Dehradun Contact Details:
- Address: P.O. New Forest, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248006
- Phone: 0135-2224439, 0135-2751826
- Email ID: email@example.com
Some Other Universities-
- Kolhan University Admission
- Sri Venkateswara University Admission
- VPSPU Admission
- HP University Admission
Be the first to leave a review.