MA Admission 2022: The Master of Arts degree course is designed to be completed within two years. This course is open to students with backgrounds in the arts, humanities, and social science. MA subjects include MA Development Studies, MA Society and Culture, MA English, and so on.
Most colleges offer MA admissions on a merit basis. In India, Hansraj College, Hindu College, Miranda College, and LSR New Delhi are the top colleges offering MA programs. Most MA colleges and Universities in India begin the admission process in May or June.
Eligibility Criteria for MA Admission
The qualifying conditions for MA admissions are given as follows:
- First of all, a candidate needs to qualify for a bachelor’s education in arts or other related domains.
- BA degree will be preferred and the passing score of candidates should be equal to 50% or more of it.
- Previously studied subjects of arts and humanities will be taken into focus.
MA Admissions Fee Structure
Starting from INR 15000 to INR 30000 is the average tuition fee range for the MA degree and the variance in fee is depending on the college.
MA Admission Highlights
|MA Full form||Master of Arts|
|Course Level||postgraduate degree course|
|MA Programme Duration||
|MA Course Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree (preferably arts) holders of a minimum 3 or 4-year duration with its equivalent|
|Master of Arts Average Fees||Rs 50,000 per Annum|
|MA Admission||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|Best MA Colleges/Universities||
|MA Course Specializations||
MA Admission 2022
Delhi University of regular studies has started online registration for MA admission. The last date to use the UOD Portal for registration to the MA ODL program was 10 June 2022. The MA Admission application form is INR 750 for the reserved categories. However, SC/ST and PWD candidates can deposit INR 300.
The Master’s degree program of DU has various specializations such as English, History, Hindi, Political Science, and more. These specialized courses are taught in famous colleges like Hindu College, Hansraj College, Miranda House College, LSR College, etc. The minimum eligibility for the MA Oriented program is 45%. In order to get more information about DU MA admission, you can visit the official portal of Delhi University.
Jamia Millia Islamia University MA Admission
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University MA admission commences for various subjects such as international studies (Arab Islamic culture), Sanskrit, Arabic, English, mass communication, Persian, social work, geography, and more. The university holds an entrance test to offer admission to the JMI MA programs. The application form fee of JMI is INR 600. A deposited fee shall remain non-refundable.
MA Admission Updates
- Manipur University is taking MA Admission 2022. Know More
- IGNOU has announced the last date of MA Admission 2022 to October 10 2022. Know More
- Ambedkar University Delhi has started the MA Admission 2022, and the last date is 30 September 2022. Know More
Best MA Colleges in Delhi
Stephen’s College, Delhi
St. Stephen’s College is one of the finest colleges affiliated with Delhi University. This college is one of Delhi’s oldest educational institutions founded in the year 1881. In addition to UG and PG courses, It also offers language courses with a variety of specialisations. The campus is located on the north campus of the University of Delhi.
The College offers the most comprehensive Bachelor’s & Master’s degree in Arts and Science programs in Delhi. Admittance to this college is difficult due to its high cut-off and interview during the application process. Placements at this college are excellent. It is India’s 8th best college according to NIRF Ranking 2021.
Top Specialisations in MA
Master of Arts is a diverse programme which enables students to select from a number of specialisations which the MA programme offers. Some of the most recognised specialisations are:
- MA English: A two-year postgraduate degree called the Master of Arts in English focuses on the worldwide study of English literature and linguistics. In order to provide novel ideas in academic scholarly work and discussion, it helps learners develop creative and pivotal reasoning abilities. The curriculum would promote essential literary ideas, inclinations, and movements in English literature that cuts through genres, time periods, and cultural boundaries.
- MA Psychology: No matter their cultural, financial, ethnic, or academic background, the program would educate students on how to strengthen individuals in communities. Students must exhibit both academic competence and the capacity to work practically in the domain of psychology for this programme, which integrates theoretical and practical applications. The emphasis is squarely on promoting social justice, ensuring equitable possibilities for all, and exploring ways to do this better.
- MA Sociology: The MA Sociology programme consists of five courses spread over three semesters, with three additional courses and a thesis available in the final semester. Using the viewpoints of classes, race, and sexuality, the curriculum aims to solve social isolation. Questions about politics, science, personality, and the workplace are tackled through an analysis of social structures and the functions of the organizations.
- MA History: The M.A. in Modern History programme provides a course that combines ancient Indian history with present world history. Indian Patriotism, contemporaneous India, and a concentration on comparatively contemporary academic fields like feminist studies, diasporic studies, and Gandhian studies are all included in the study of modern Indian history. The learners’ understanding of time, environment, culture, civilization, economy, and politics in diverse times is also enhanced. Learners also study the present world, from the past of eastern to western countries to key worldwide happenings, in addition to these facets of modern Indian history.
- MA Political Science: Political science aims to comprehend how politics and the use of power operate on a local, global, and comparable level. We talk about issues like warfare and reconciliation, autocracy and democratization, economic expansion and injustice, and environmental damage. We do this by looking at communities, socioeconomic divisions, administrations, diplomacy, legislation, and policy, as well as political concepts, philosophies, organizations, policies, procedures, and actions.
- MA Economics: Master of Arts or MA in Economics is offered at various top colleges in Delhi. Institutes like the Delhi School of Economics (DU DSE) offer admission into MA Economics based on the entrance test score. MA Economics syllabus varies from college to college, but in general, the subjects to read are Microeconomic Theory, Economic Development, Policy in India, Introductory Econometrics & more.
MA Admission Form 2022
The application process for this course is handled online in most colleges, but offline applications are also accepted in some. Most of the time, admissions are made on the basis of previous qualifications and merit, which are usually taken into account. Some other institutes, such as TISS, Jadavpur University, Jawaharlal Nehru University, and Calcutta University, also conduct admissions. All eligible candidates need to submit the application form before the last date to be considered for admission.
MA Admission 2022: How to Apply?
Applications for the MA program are also submitted in an online manner like for other courses. Students must follow the stages after the admissions process has begun.
- The website of the respective university will be opened to get the form.
- Students will pay an application fee and submit the form.
- In direct admissions, students will be called for an interview while the entrance-based admissions entrance exam will be taken prior to the interview.
- On final selection, students will accept their admission offers.
Career Opportunities and Scope After MA
The necessity and specific speciality determine the range of a Master of Arts in Education position in India. The MA in Education programme offers students a variety of employment prospects in many industries. Following an MA in Education, the following positions are most frequently filled by graduates:
- Assistant Professor
- Content Writer
- Social Worker
- Sales Associate
- Author/Writer, etc.
Students after completing their masters can apply for PhD programs in order to improve their academics in a way that would be fruitful for their career and it will also provide them huge respect from society.
Why Study MA?
- There are multiple disciplines within which a MA degree can be taken and this increases the knowledge level of students in that specific field they choose to study.
- From both the business and academic circles the MA students get the chance of lectures to know more about the practical field.
- Students who get a bachelor’s degree are easily get employed in top companies but in order to increase the position level or to get a promotion, they need a MA degree.
- The curriculum of this course provides a chance for students for learning a good number of subjects at an advanced level.
Top Universities Offering MA Admission
- Utkal University
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- Central University of Haryana
- Banaras Hindu University
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology and Science
- Christ University
- University of Lucknow
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Pondicherry University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- Central University of Kerala
- Kurukshetra University
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- Annamalai University
- University of Mumbai
- Tamil Nadu Open University
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
- Karnataka State Open University
- OPJS University
- University of Kashmir
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Chhatrapati Shahu ji Maharaj University
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Dr BR Ambedkar Open University
- Madras University
|Other Courses Admission 2022|
|BBA Admission||MBA Marketing Admission|
|BBM Admission||MBBS Admission|
|BCA Admission||MCA Admission|
|BCom Admission||MCom Admission|
|BEd Admission||MLIS Admission|
Be the first to leave a review.